Thursday, July 23, 2009

(not my) MIL-zilla story

I am very grateful of my Mother-in-law-to-be [MIL]. Brenda is very kind and sweet and I know she won’t be a “MIL-zilla” at my wedding.

However, a co-worker of mine told me a story from one of her friends, whose son just got married.


In the words of Monk, “Here’s what happened”:


The bride’s mother was a pistol and tried to sabotage the wedding wherever she could.

1. She stood when the bridesmaids were entering instead of when the bride comes down the isle.

2. She shooed her ex-husband away when he came up to light the unity candle with her.

3. She put the flowers in the freezer instead of the cooler.

4. She only put meat in about 2/3 of the sandwiches. So the guests were getting empty buns.

5. She then told one of the guests to go to the kitchen to get meat for his sandwich!

6. Before the wedding, she was planning on selling the “extra” meat in baggies at the reception. (The bride put an end to that).

7. While the newlyweds were visiting with family, she had their table cleared of everything! And they weren't done eating! Basically, booting them out the door.


Can you imagine???

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you have to worry about that because you will be having a vegetarian reception right?

    Just kidding.

    Sounds like a family with some issues. Luckily in our family if we don't like something we have ways to make it known without embarrassing ourselves. I think we learned that from Mr. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing as you won't have meat at your wedding.

    That MIL is unreal! She was making sandwiches for the reception. That's a little odd too.

    I am sure she and her DIL will NOT be having any kind of relationship, that's for sure.

    Let us know in a year how things between the groom, bride and Monster-in-Law are.

    ReplyDelete